SAI Sponsorship of Local Suzuki Play-Ins
If you are a member of the Suzuki Association of Indiana and would like to organize a Suzuki play-in in your area, please contact us about getting your event sponsored by the SAI. We would like to encourage and promote these events, and if your proposal is approved, here’s what we offer:
- Reimbursement up to $75 total of relevant expenses with receipt. Ideas to reduce expenses include using free community venues, potluck refreshments, and volunteer teacher or family member piano accompanists, but for necessary expenses, we can reimburse up to $75 total. Plan to mail or scan/email receipts to our treasurer after the event to receive a reimbursement check.
- Publicity using our email list and on indianasuzuki.org website.
- Information and ideas based on previous experience with hosting play-ins. Just let us know what your questions are and how we can help!
How to apply to have your event sponsored (requirements and approval process)
- Submit the below form at least 6 weeks before your proposed play-in date. Complete all the fields with as many details as you can; if you still have to find a location or set a precise time, include that in the appropriate field. If you need help with ideas, just let us know.
- Sponsorship is limited to one event per local area per year, up to 5 areas total, on a first-come-first served basis.
- Your application will go out to the board members of the SAI and you will be contacted by one of the board officers as soon as possible once it has been approved. If you do not hear back within a week, feel free to follow up directly with one of our officers listed on the top of the indianasuzuki.org/teacher-listing page.
- Please contact other local SAI members to make sure they are included in the planning process. This event must be open to all SAI members in order to receive sponsorship by the SAI. You may also want to invite other Suzuki teachers or local teachers using Suzuki repertoire in order to build community and encourage Suzuki education for teachers, parents and students.
- After we approve your proposal, we will send information about the event state-wide and publish it on our website. We ask in return that you include Suzuki Association of Indiana sponsor information in all publicity and programs you may publish, and that you use the event to advertise joining the SAI as a teacher or associate member as appropriate. We suggest acknowledging all sponsors at the beginning of the event, and telling your audience to visit indianasuzuki.org/join if they are interested in Teacher or Associate membership.
- If you would like to share photo or video after the event, please download the SAI Media Waiver and have it completed by all participants when they arrive.