Join us for the 2021-22 series of Teacher (& Parent) Coffee Hours
All meetings on Zoom, except for Annual Meeting July 9
- Sunday September 19, 8:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 PM Central: Round Table Discussion Topic – Supplemental Repertoire:
- Principles that guide your choice of what repertoire to use when
- Including diversity – representing women and minority composers, varying cultural and religious holidays, etc.
- Sunday November 21, 8:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 PM Central: “Inspire the Desire to Learn”
Featuring Guest Speaker Jane Reed https://suzukiassociation.org/people/jane-kutscher-reed/
“As Suzuki Parents, you play a vital role in your child’s success as he discovers the joy of learning to play a musical instrument. When I became a Suzuki parent, I quickly realized that I needed more than just excellent and loving intentions. I needed a concrete knowledge of how learning happens and how I could make positive contributions to my children’s musical development.”
“Would you love to have your child approach practice sessions eager to learn? How can we actively engage children in the process without forcing, manipulating, and bribing? Is it possible to strengthen our relationship while learning together?”
“Join this session to discover refreshing and motivating strategies that ignite curiosity, inquiry, and self-directed learning. Learn to lead in ways that will guide everyone’s hearts and minds to thrive!”
- For: teachers AND parents!
- Cost: FREE to SAI teacher and parent/associate members. Non members may choose to either:
- Presentation will be recorded and shared with all current SAI members, and non-members who paid to attend
- Zoom link will be emailed the day before to SAI members and those who paid to attend.
- Questions? Email email@example.com
Upcoming Coffee Hours in 2022:
- Saturday January 8, 10:30 AM Eastern, 9:30 AM Central: Topic/special guest TBA. For SAI Teacher members, free.
- Sunday March 20, 8:00 PM Eastern/7:00 PM Central: Book Discussion – “Beyond the Music Lesson” by Christine Goodner. For all SAI members – Teachers and Parents! Free.
- Sunday May 15, 8:00 PM Eastern/7:00 PM Central: Topic/special guest TBA. For SAI Teacher members, free.
Saturday July 9 ( IN PERSON!!!! Annual Meeting and Workshop)